The 3rd C is Continual, Competent Teaching!
I know how it is when you have little, little ones. You don’t want to say it out loud, but some days are just downright bo-ring.
Not that there isn’t plenty to do, there is. There is cleaning, doing dishes, making meals, and of course, the changing of diapers, ad nauseum. And all of the sudden, the glow of motherhood meets reality and you’d give anything for something exciting to change up the routine, right?!
I remember when Britton and Hannah were little, I would think up some item that we needed from Target, and then bundle everyone up, just to go and cruise the aisles with a popcorn and a big Diet Coke. Is that wrong? No, not at all!
Sometimes, though, we WANT to be intentional mamas and we just need some good ideas on how to fill our day! And so, here are some simple ways to teach your kids all throughout the day.
1. Bible Teaching- let His Word be always on your lips. This can be done formally and informally. ”You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you rise up and when you lie down.” Deut. 6
2. Read, read, read! Go to the library, fill up a big bag, and have fun!
- Tsh shares a great list of preschool books here. These will get you started!
- A list of 1,000 great books…this should keep you busy!
3. Arts and crafts
- Amanda at Impress Your Kids has so many great ideas, you’ll have ideas forever!
4. Cooking (yes! have them help you in the kitchen!)
- Janelle from Comfy in the Kitchen has lots of kid-friendly recipes to try!
- Our Best Bites has a whole section on cooking with kids!
5. Nature walks
- Try a Nature Scavenger Hunt
- just have fun playing outdoors together
6. Chore Teaching- setting the table, folding the towels, counting out silverware, pouring water
- Here are some great chore sticks to make!
7. Manners Teaching- make it game, asking to be excused, saying please and thank you
- Here is a list of 25 manners every child should know
8. Speak up- teaching them to speak up for their faith from a young age
If you incorporate each of these things into your day, in say, 30 minute increments, add in meals and a nap or two, and you have your whole day planned! These are not things to add burden or stress to your day, but just some simple ideas to teach your kiddos all day long!
What are your best ideas or websites to share? I’d love to hear your favorites!
Here’s a list of all the past posts in the series:1. The Beginning 2. The Significance- Part1
3. The Significance- Part2
4. The Obstacles- Part1
5. The Obstacles- Part2
6. The Obstacles- Part3
7. Anger and Patience
8. The 3 C’s of Motherhood 9. The 3 C’s: Consistent Training And here are the past printables: 1. Week 1 2. Week 2 3. Week 3 4. Week 4
All we have left is the conclusion, which you don’t want to miss! Subscribe to Grace Full Mama here.
Joining in here: